Enhanced Pipe Detection Tool (ePDT)
The enhanced Pipe Detector Tool (ePDT) is a two-inch O.D. advanced ferromagnetic metal thickness evaluation instrument. The integrity of multiple concentric tubulars strings can be evaluated in-situ. In most cases, this eliminates pulling the production tubing string, or disassembling the surface completion hardware to facilitate data acquisition.
ePDT, is GOWell’s Next Generation thickness instrument. It is based on evolutionary pulsed eddy current physics which permits quantitative thickness measurement capabilities. This allows evaluation of tubulars ranging from 2-7/8-inch to 26-inch O.D.
- Warrior™ acquisition system compatible
- 2-inch O.D. – deployed centralized
- Clear real-time visualization for QC and onsite evaluation
- Combinable with all Pegasus Series Tools
- Quantitative 4 to 5 pipe thickness evaluation (dependent on total metal thickness)
- Pre-job planner software that combines a powerful forward modeling module and simulation tool
- Proprietary post-processing module built-in to ViewWell™ Well Integrity Platform
- Simultaneously assess metal thickness of multiple tubulars strings
- Locate collars and shoes of concentric strings
- Aid P&A risk management by determining integrity of adjacent strings
- Determine tubulars condition prior to workovers or re-fracs
- Verify condition of casing patches and patched casing.
- Establish trend-lines for tubulars degradation over time
- Pin-point leak source location by combining with ANT, MFC, RBL, PLT, etc.
The ePDT is fully combinable with GOWell’s Pegasus instruments, including Multi-Finger Imaging Calipers (MFC), Array Noise Tool (ANT), Production Logging Tools (PLT) and our Digital Radial Bond Tool (RBL). The combination yields a comprehensive evaluation of well integrity, providing accurate thickness information for multiple pipe strings as well as leak detection, multi-phase fluid flow and cement bond quality.
During real-time logging via WarriorTM the software provides a comprehensive wellsite quality control display which offers clear visual indication of tool performance and pipe conditions. Post processing is performed with GOWell’s proprietary module contained in the industry leading Well Integrity Evaluation Platform – ViewWell™. When using ViewWell, all MFC, ePDT and Passive Noise data can be processed, viewed and interpreted side-by-side within a single software platform.